Successful Close of “Art Works Exhibition in Britain and Art Exchange Between China and Britain”
During August 17th to 23rd this year, at the invitation of Perth City Council, the delegation of our School of Art went to Britain for art exchange project. The project covers the following activities:
1. “Man and Nature” oil painting exhibition of Zhou Xiaoyu (Perth Museum)
2. “Exhibition of Tutor Works from School of Art of Xiangtan University” (Birnam Art Gallery)
3. “Exhibition of Student Works from School of Art of Xiangtan University” (Perth High School)
4. Prof. Zhou Xiaoyu’ lecture on the creation of “Man and Nature” oil painting
5. Associate Prof. Li Qing’s lecture on “A Comparative Reflection on Eastern and Western Art Spirits”
Teacher Mao Lulu served as the interpreter throughout the project, which also attracted all-round news coverage from the British media concerned.
Li Lipei, a consul of Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in Edinburgh and also an alumnae of our university of the year 1982, attended the opening ceremony of the art exhibition. She brought with her a Chinese drum band, which added the festive atmosphere with Chinese features to the opening ceremony.
In addition, our delegation visited such famous classic and modern museums of fine arts as National Museum of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, the British Museum, National Portrait Gallery and Tate Modern, etc. The delegation members also visited the studios of Lys Hansen and Avril Paton, the famous artists in Scotland and had an in-depth discussion with the artists. Zhou Xiaoyu, Dean of School of Art of Xiangtan University, Li Qing, Associate Dean of School of Art of Xiangtan University, and our excellent students Liu Ling and Wang Yazhuo went to the seaside in Edinburgh with artists in Scotland to exchange ideas on sketching works. The delegation returned to our university and brought a successful close to art exchange between China and Britain on August 24th, 2008.
School of Art of Xiangtan University
Sep. 2nd, 2008